In-Center Nocturnal Dialysis
How can you turn nonproductive sleep time into hemodialysis treatment time? The answer is in-center nocturnal hemodialysis. While you get some shut-eye, you can receive a slower, gentler treatment overnight at our dialysis center. Compared to traditional in-center hemodialysis sessions of three to four hours, in-center nocturnal dialysis provides six to eight hours of treatment.
The lifestyle benefits of nocturnal dialysis don’t stop at dialyzing while you sleep:
- Enjoy free days to spend with family and friends, go to work, attend class and resume other normal daytime activities.
- Many people appreciate this is a very discreet form of treatment because it’s done overnight.
- The feeling of waking up in the morning and knowing dialysis treatment is complete appeals to many people.
Clinical benefits include:
- Improved appetite and taste
- More energy
- Better blood pressure control
- Reduction in prescribed medicines
- Fewer reports of cramping during treatment
Similar to in-center dialysis, in-center nocturnal hemodialysis treatments are done with a full kidney care team, including a nurse, patient care technician (PCT), dietitian and social worker, at a dialysis center. A nephrologist also comes in to do regular rounds with patients.
Who can do in-center nocturnal hemodialysis?
People on hemodialysis who are considering the Purivo In-Center Nocturnal Dialysis Program should be in stable condition and follow the advice of their doctor and other healthcare professionals. Reliable transportation is necessary. In-center nocturnal hemodialysis patients should also be courteous to the other patients sleeping around them.